A. PROGRAMS: Strengthen AVP's focus and core programs using community-based models and strategies, with an emphasis on closing gaps in populations that AVP serves and supports.
- Ensure AVP's direct-service and community-organizing presence in all five boroughs.
- Expand and enhance AVP's sexual violence programming.
- Improve AVP's Training Institute by developing:
- Standardized training and standards for trainers;
- Model anti-violence materials for LGBTQH programs and model LGBTQH-inclusive materials for anti-violence programs; and
- Model trainings to increase survivors' knowledge on anti-violence issues and strategies to reduce violence (i.e., community leadership institute).
- Assess AVP's gaps in direct services, community organizing and public advocacy (core programs) with respect to demographics and geography, focusing on underserved populations (i.e., populations that have less access to both AVP and other resources).
- Close identified gaps through programs and campaigns that, at a minimum:
- Advance community-based accountability models (i.e., models that reduce violence without relying on the criminal legal system);
- Deepen survivor-led and -focused programming; and
- Collaborate with individual allies to end violence against and within LGBTQH communities and with organizational allies to develop resource linkages for work that is out of AVP's mission or scope.
- Advance a nationwide priority of documenting, preventing and ending LGBTQH violence through the coordination of the National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs.
B. COMMUNICATIONS: Increase AVP's visibility and awareness among the LGBTQH and allied populations to encourage all people to support LGBTQH safety and to take action against violence in ways that are safe and proactive.
- Clarify AVP's brand identity and messaging to emphasize the central role that AVP plays in addressing violence against and within LGBTQH communities.
- Update AVP's mission/vision/values statements to more accurately communicate about AVP's work.
- Develop a comprehensive communications plan to inspire LGBTQH and allied communities to join AVP in the fight against violence.
- Build relationships with the community to spread the mission, vision and values of AVP through relevant communications channels.
C. FUNDRAISING: Execute a fundraising strategy that focuses on building AVP's private donor base and engaging and maintaining all constituents.
- Implement a multi-channel fundraising program that includes events, appeals, grants, corporate sponsorships and social media campaigns, to support AVP's programs and general operations.
- Shift the focus of the Development Committee to support the Board in fundraising activities.
- Restructure the Development and Communications Department into more focused functions.
- Implement and refine strategies for stewardship of donors and volunteers.
D. SYSTEMS/INTERNAL STRUCTURE: Enhance and integrate systems, structures, policies and procedures, and metrics to support programs, communications, fundraising, fiscal management and operations.
- Create optimal structure to maximize the implementation of core programs, staff management and fiscal, administrative and operational management.
- Ensure organizational efficiency and impact through:
- Best practice policies and procedures, including grants management and fiscal management;
- Outcome-focused metrics to measure impacts across all departments; and
- Standardized staffing structure and compensation throughout the organization.
E. BOARD: Strengthen the Board's capacity and structures for visionary governance, effective fundraising and inclusive representation of the communities that AVP serves and supports.
- Ensure the board represents the diverse communities that AVP serves and supports, through recruitment and other forms of community engagement.
- Refine Board member responsibilities and measure Board member performance from orientation to effective fundraising to leadership succession planning.
- Create a regular development program for the Board focusing on leadership development, Board member responsibilities, anti-violence work, management, financial, fundraising and messaging skills.
- Assess and adjust the structure of the Board Committees, the Friends of AVP Board, event committees, and ad-hoc committees, based on the c